This role is for a Joiner Software Developer. This is a part-time, remote, freelancing position. The individual will be a key contributor to the health, growth, and optimization of our owned-and-operated websites and assist with other business needs. The team handles web development, design, email creative templates, creative vision, and branding. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can manage and complete tasks with minimal supervision and consistently be a top performer and reliable in a fast-paced environment. You will fill an important role on a team that values collaboration, a gritty can-do attitude, and continual learning. This role will directly support our Media Department and as needed our Email, Operations and Tech departments. This position reports to the Senior Web Developer.
· Build, maintain, and continually optimize new and existing websites with high conversions, including but not limited to lead generation funnels.
· Improve and leverage websites by continually and proactively designing, building, iterating, and optimizing content.
· Focused on keeping things simple, organized, and maintainable. Avoids dependencies on libraries like BootStrap, jQuery UI, etc. unless there’s a real need for them. Our sites are generally smaller task-focused sites as opposed to sites with larger, more complex frontends. Speed and mobile optimization are critical.
· Ensure web pages are functional across different browser types, conducting tests to verify functionality and assess user experience.
· Problem Solving. Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probe all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious, and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Offers and is open to suggestions for improvement.
· Analyze technical requirements, create and adapt code and best practices
· Coordinate QA efforts and development of new procedures
· Document every part of the development process for further work and maintenance.
· Clearly and concisely communicate both technical and non-technical requirements to all levels of the organization
· Collaboration – Actively and consistently seeks to work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships, leverage information, and achieve results. Become a catalyst that motivates others to want to collaborate as well.
· Become an integrated, flexible, and positive part of the team.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science or related preferred).
· 0-1 year of professional experience as a developer
· Fully functional programmers able to write their own code, detect bugs, and optimize for maintainability.
· Ability to contribute to all stages of the development lifecycle
· Experience with WordPress and other CMS systems
· Proficiency with Git / Github
· Experience with SQL/MySQL
· Experience with HTML Emails
· Experience with Google Tag Manager, Analytics
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
· Ability to organize and manage multiple projects in various stages
· Enjoys challenges of unfamiliar tasks
· Be comfortable with being action-oriented.
· Enjoy working hard; not fearful or hesitant for challenges; seizes opportunities to contribute and learn.
· Final candidate must be able to pass a background check.
· An eye for design and user experience
· Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience in affiliate and lead generation marketing funnels.
Benefits of Joining Our Team
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing benefits:
· Work remotely
· Competitive pay
· Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage
· Unlimited time off
· Company retreats
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Amazing co-workers located all over the country!
· Additional commission & bonus opportunities
· We are a welcoming and diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States.
· 696 TECHNOLOGIES is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Job Types: Part-time, Internship